Home Owners Tax Credits
The Amana brand offers a complete line of premium energy-saving, heating and cooling systems. Listed below for quick reference, are the Amana and potential tax credits* available to you. Qualifying products and systems must meet specific energy efficiency standards and be identified as matched systems by the ARI (Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute).
When the Emergency Economic Stability Act of 2008 was signed into law, it gave tax credits up to $500 (lifetime credit) for energy efficiency improvements made by homeowners on their existing homes. The Act will allow you, as an individual taxpayer, a new personal tax credit for certain energy efficiency improvements such as those offered by Amana central heating and cooling systems.
The tax credit is available for heating and cooling systems “placed in service” between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2009. To learn the full details regarding the tax credits, talk to your tax professional or visit http://www.energy.gov/taxbreaks.htm for more information.
Gas Furnaces Tax Credit
- AMV9 $200 Energy Tax Certificate
- ACV9 $50 Energy Tax Certificate
- AMH95 $150 Energy Tax Certificate
- AMV8 $50 Energy Tax Certificate
- ADV8 $50 Energy Tax Certificate
Central Air Conditioners
- ASX18, ASX16, ASX14 Up to $300 Energy Tax Certificate
Electric Heat Pumps (up to 4 tons)
- ASZ18, ASZ16, ASZ14 Up to $300 Energy Tax Certificate
- APG15 (2-ton units) Up to $300 Energy Tax Certificate
Amana recommends that consumers consult with a tax professional to determine the application of the tax credits outlined in the Emergency Economic Stability Act of 2008 to their particular situation.
* A tax credit is generally more valuable than an equivalent tax deduction because a tax credit reduces tax dollar-for-dollar, while a deduction only removes a percentage of the tax that is owed. Tax filers can itemize purchases in their federal income tax form, which will lower the total amount of tax they owe the government.
Residential Form 5695 Energy Tax Credit – IRS
Amana Tax Credit Brochure